Are you willing to acquire new skills and tools to run participatory land-use planning activities? Would you like some technical and strategic support from the European Forest Institute (EFI) for using the Land-use Planner (LUP)? Are you interested in learning from the experience of others using the tool and method in diverse contexts?
If yes, this EFI training for ‘LUP Facilitators’ might be for you.
With this course you will master a practical tool and method to make land-use planning interactive and participatory. You will:
- Acquire the skills and resources to become a LUP facilitator
- Receive step-by-step guidance on how to use the full capabilities of the Land-use Planner tool
- Strategically focus the scope of a planning exercise
- Efficiently manage socio-economic land-use data relevant for land-use planning
- Develop future land-use scenarios in a case study or project of your choice
- Learn about common land-use planning issues
- Create and customize your own Land-use Planner interface to your context
- Learn how to engage a team of collaborators in managing your Land-use Planner data to support a variety of projects
- Connect with other practitioners in your region