Do you want to acquire new skills and tools to run participatory land-use planning activities? Would you like technical and strategic support from the European Forest Institute (EFI) for using the Land-use Planner (LUP)? Are you interested in learning from the experience of others using the tool to support inclusive land-use planning in diverse contexts?
If yes, this EFI training for ‘LUP Facilitators’ might be for you.
With this course you will master a practical tool and method to make land-use planning interactive and participatory. You will:
- Acquire the skills and resources to become a LUP facilitator
- Receive step-by-step guidance on how to use the full capabilities of the Land-use Planner tool
- Strategically focus the scope of a planning exercise
- Efficiently manage socio-economic land-use data relevant for land-use planning
- Develop future land-use scenarios in a case study or project of your choice
- Learn about common land-use planning issues
- Create and customize your own Land-use Planner interface to your context
- Learn how to engage a team of collaborators in managing your Land-use Planner data to support a variety of projects
- Connect with other practitioners in your region