Test your knowledge
If you would like to receive a certificate at the end of the training, you must complete the quiz. Please be sure to provide your email address at the end of each quiz to record your responses.
Now that you have completed the tutorial, it’s time to work on your project. Please complete the following tasks before moving on to Step 4. If you get stuck, check out the videos below where we answer some frequently asked questions. You can find additional guidance in the Land-use Planner manual and in our forum.
- Adjust the baseline scenario in your Land-use Planner project
- Review the rate of expansion of agricultural land uses linked to population growth.
- Adjust the rate for each land use in expansion and select the priority land uses for conversion.
- Create at least one alternative scenario
- Start by duplicating the baseline scenario, give a name and description to your alternative scenario and introduce different interventions (Land-use Planner events) specific to this scenario: productivity improvement, introduction of a new land use, expansion of an existing land use, etc.
Stuck on how to proceed in your project? Check out the videos below where we answer some frequently asked questions from real users. If you don’t find what you are looking for, you can also post a question on our forum.
How can I modify the fallow area?
Why is my crop automatically expanding in the scenarios?
How do I add an event in a scenario?
How do I abandon a land use?
How are expansion patterns taken into account in Land-use Planner scenarios?
How can I adjust expansion patterns in Land-use Planner scenarios?
How are my scenarios affected by too much vacant land?
Facing limits when developing scenarios: understanding the Land-use Planner warnings related to inapplicable events
Can Land-use Planner take into account the fact that climate change will reduce the productivity of my coffee?