Test your knowledge
If you would like to receive a certificate at the end of the training, you must complete the quiz. Please be sure to provide your email address at the end of each quiz to record your responses.
Now that you have completed the tutorial, it’s time to work on your project. Please complete the following tasks before moving on to Step 2. If you get stuck, check out the videos below where we answer some frequently asked questions.
- Create your project – Follow the directions below to create a new project in your workspace.
- Connect to your Land-use Planner workspace.
- From your workspace home page, click on the url of your Land-use Planner interface.
- Enter the name of your project area in the text box “area name” and complete Step 1 in the Land-use Planner by filling in the initial data about your case study area. You can always go back to it later to modify it.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to proceed to complete Step 1 and immediately click on ‘Export’ to download the .lup file of your project. You are now seeing Step 2 but don’t work on it yet.
- Go back to your workspace and in the ‘projects’ tab, add your project there (upload the .lup file downloaded previously).
- Once your project is uploaded in your workspace, click on the project’s url. You should land again on Step 1 of your project with the data you entered previously. A ‘Save’ button is now available, indicating that this project is now hosted in your workspace.
- Each time you make a change, save your progress on the project to your workspace by clicking the ‘Save’ button. Do not use the Export button again, except if you wish to share the project with people working outside your workspace.
Stuck on how to proceed in your project? Check out the videos below where we answer some frequently asked questions from real users. If you don’t find what you are looking for, you can also post a question on our forum.
How do I access a project from my Land-use Planner workspace?
My data is not showing/I’m not logged in – how can I save what I have added?